How I can support you
Email or call to arrange a free 20 min chat to share concerns and discuss options.
Book one of the services which best suits you and your child.
Receive follow up support and advice.
Worried that your child is not progressing?
I am here to help you on the next step of your journey be it related to choosing the right type of therapy, assessment, school, or simply helping you to further understand your child’s difficulties and how to support them.
Every child is unique and we will work together to see your child through a different lens and unlock their potential.
Assessments for Retained Reflexes
Reflexes are an innate series of developmental movements all babies make which lay the foundations for posture, sensory processing, emotions and brain development. Sometimes, through trauma, illness or for other reasons, this process is disrupted and the reflexes stay active leading to a range of difficulties including:
- Gross and fine motor delays
- Developmental delays
- Coordination & balance
- Attention & concentration
- Learning difficulties
- Social, emotional & behavioural problems
- Sensory integration
See https://www.rhythmicmovement.org/ for more information.
I will carry out a full assessment of these early childhood reflexes including balance and coordination and then set a program that integrates these natural movements in a fun and interactive way enabling your child to access their full potential.
I oversee the program and help you to understand why your child has been experiencing difficulties. It isn’t complicated, it is fun and easy to do taking only a few minutes each day to make positive long lasting change. I also offer support for schools on how to incorporate your child’s program into the school day making it an integrated approach.
Between 6-12 sessions are usually needed, but we will review the program after 6 sessions.
Dyslexia is often seen in isolation to other learning difficulties, but there is usually an overlap and sometimes we need to look a little deeper.
I work with a wide range of assessment tools looking at your child’s strengths and weaknesses, coordination, balance, attention and behaviour as well as standardised tests for IQ, reading, spelling writing and comprehension.
You will receive a written report and have a follow up conversation outlining what strategies and recommendations would be most helpful for the next step of your journey.
Talks, Workshops and Training for Schools and Staff
Some children really struggle to focus and learn in the classroom which often leads to poor behaviour and teaching to overcome the thing they are struggling with doesn’t always help. It is very important to know why they are finding it hard before setting targets and expectations and therefore to minimise the feeling of failure.
My talks and training for teachers and staff will equip participants with the confidence to use a program of movements and activities to support learning.
Step 1: Workshop
• Understand the developmental stages of learning and the underlying causes of a learning difficulty.
• Learn how to identify the children who need it the most.
• Gain the skills to confidentially use a sensory and developmental checklist.
Step 2: Training
• Actively take part in further activities to support balance, coordination and sensory integration which can be used in the classroom.
• Experience setting up a sensory circuit.
• Practise specialised movements for children who need more support.
Step 3: Support
• Have the opportunity to review the program.
• Receive support for identifying the children with underlying difficulties.
• Receive support to monitor the children’s progress.
• Share how to work with smaller groups and individuals during the school day.
You may have questions and concerns which you would like to share. I will offer advice and support to help you feel more confident in:
- How to support your child emotionally
- How to support your child physically
- How to support your child academically
Environmental factors play a significant role in the wellbeing of your child. You will be given the tools and support to maximise your child’s potential leading to long term gain.
“A disorganised body is a disorganised brain. We learn through movement as movement is our first language. Therefore we need to look at movement when working with a difficulty. “
Please get in touch to have an informal chat. I am here to help your child reach their potential.